PMC actively participates in and supports the communities where we live and work. We give back to the communities where we operate through corporate community investments and we encourage our employees to be involved in their community and support their work and the work of others through CARE , our Employee Charitable Giving Program.
Our Community Investment Program provides a framework for PMC to make social investments in areas of need that are aligned with our values. PMC’s primary areas of focus include:
Health & Safety
Part of PMC’s code of business conduct is safety and we work to ensure the health and safety of our employees and contractors, as well as the local communities. Healthy and safe communities are sustainable communities.
PMC is a performance-driven organization that believes education is a building block for the success of future generations.
As part of PMC's commitment to be an environmentally responsible operator beyond our day-to-day business, we provide support to organizations that have missions to protect and conserve the environment.
Development and retention of business are important for the economic sustainability of a community. PMC's entrepreneurial spirit recognizes the importance of economic development by supporting business skill development, training, and chambers of commerce.
Some of our recently supported associations include:
- Calgary Health Trust
- The Children’s Wish Foundation
- Brain Injury Association of California
- The University of Calgary
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
- Fort Saskatchewan High School
- Hardisty Public Library
- Manning & Area Early Childhood Parent Council
- Medicine Hat Women’s Shelter Society
- Bakersfield Homeless Center
- Owen-Witee-Curtiss Fire Department
- Sarnia Fire and Rescue Services
- Milk River Fire Department
- York Volunteer Fire Department
- National Indigenous Economic Education Fund
- San Pedro Chamber of Commerce
- Wildlife Habitat Council Inc.
- Ducks Unlimited Canada
Our employees are active in charitable giving, in an effort to support and encourage these efforts we launched an annual employee donation matching program. The CARE Program, created in 2014, is designed to support charities close to the hearts of our employees. Employees can donate to registered charities of their choice with PMC matching overall contributions up to $10,000 per employee, each year.
In 2016, employees and PMC supported 104 organizations, with total donations amounting to approximately $270,000.