If it is necessary to evacuate, you will be contacted by telephone immediately. If there is no answer, PMC's response personnel will come to your residence to inform you of the situation. The following steps should be taken if evacuation is required:
- Gather everyone who resides in the household and bring any medications as required.
- Turn down the thermostat.
- Lock all windows and doors.
- Turn off any air exchange fans outside.
- Response personnel will provide you with the safest evacuation routes and directions to a suitable local reception centre; reception centres are located a safe distance from the incident site and are temporary shelters for evacuees.
- Drive safely on the route provided and proceed directly to the reception centre.
- Register yourself and all other members of your household at the reception centre.
- Reception centre staff will provide additional information or further instructions.
- Depending on the emergency situation, evacuees can choose to leave the reception centre (if it is safe to do so) after registering and providing their contact information.